Welcome to Early Days Nursery, a unique nursery set amongst the rolling hills at Ipsden, near Wallingford. Located in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, giving the children access to woodland areas, country walks and Forest School.
Established in 1992 by Nicola Murphy, Early Days Nursery offers children (5 months to 5 years) and families a warm, safe and welcoming environment for all. By providing exciting activities and resources in a rich learning environment, we stimulate and motivate young minds to become confident and competent life-long learners. Optional all year round care is provided including a holiday club for children up to 7 years.
Our passionate, highly qualified and dedicated staff foster warm and responsive key person relationships with children and families ensuring the highest quality care and meeting individual children's needs and development, enabling you to feel confident in leaving your child in our care. As a parent, you’ll find our sessions provide unique flexibility to fit around your families’ needs.
At Early Days Nursery we promote equality of opportunity and value diversity for all children and families. We work with children, parents and the community to ensure the rights and safety of all children and to give them the very best start in life. All staff attend training about Safeguarding children, Paediatric First Aid and Food Hygiene.
Early Days Nursery embraces the outdoor environment. On a weekly basis children explore our natural woodland playground, our nature and growing garden and go for walks in the countryside. Daily opportunities are provided for the children to play and learn in our outdoor classrooms, garden and playground. Our oldest children have a weekly experience of learning through Forest School led by a qualified Forest School Leader.
We are open from 7.15am until 6.15pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays, and the period between Christmas and New Year.
- To provide a warm, safe and caring environment for all children, staff and families.
- To value each child’s uniqueness and nurture a positive self-image.
- To work in partnership with parents in ensuring smooth transitions and supporting children’s learning and development.
- To have a highly qualified staff team who love what they do and plan an inspirational and exciting learning environment, covering all areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum.
- To make learning fun, encouraging children’s natural curiosity through playing and exploring, active learning and supporting children to develop their own ideas.
- To explore the natural environment and foster a love of the outdoors!